Friday 8 November 2013

James Dean

 
SOURCE:Tumblr
James Dean photographed by Frank Worth, 1955.
 
 
Jimmy looked at the photograph Worth had taken and suddenly made a big X over the picture. “I don’t want that printed,” Jimmy told him.
“I couldn’t figure out what was wrong because it wasn’t a bad photo except that a bit of his underwear was slipping out of his pants,” said Worth. “But Dean has been photographed with nothing but underwear on, so that wasn’t it. The picture showed him with his head turned away for a moment. ‘It makes me look like a kid,’ Jimmy stammered, ‘a helpless kid who just got his finger banged or his best toy busted and he wants his mother. It makes me look like I’m hurt and I’m crying out - not out loud - but just crying for someone to come and help me. I don’t want people to see me that way.’ I was aware of a quiet, imperative tone in his voice. ‘Maybe later, much later, you can’t print that picture, but not for a long, long, time,’ Jimmy said.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment